About Dr. Mather
Dr. Thomas Mather joined Lowcountry Eye Specialists in January 2020 bringing oculoplastic and eyelid reconstructive surgeries to North Area residents. While practicing in Mount Pleasant he performed over 25,000 blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) procedures. Dr. Mather is board certified in ophthalmology, a fellow in the American Society of Ophthalmic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and a fellow at the American College of Surgeons. He holds a teaching appointment in the Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Mather has medical staff privileges at Roper and Bon Secours St Francis Hospital and Ralph H Johnson Veteran’s Administration Hospital. He has gained national exposure as a seasoned marathon runner and triathlete.
- B.A in Chemistry- Indiana University
- M. D. – Indiana University School of Medicine
- Internship – St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center, Indianapolis
- Ophthalmic Residency – Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Arizona
For your convenience, we do accept most major medical insurance. We do not file with any VISION plans, please call your local optometrist to schedule routine visits to update glasses prescriptions or fit for contact lenses. For specific insurance plan inquiries, please contact the office.